Kelmscott Senior High School, through its auspice arrangements with Registered Training Organisations, offer Vocational Programs (VET) in a variety of areas.
Enrolment in a VET program provides students with the opportunity to gain additional qualifications that are nationally recognised by employers, TAFE and other training organisations. These programs include nationally recognised Units of Competency, which, if successfully completed, can lead to Certificate I, II or III qualifications, accredited under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Vocational Education and Training (VET) in Schools programs are delivered as part of a broad, general education that combines study towards the Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) with a nationally recognised VET qualification within the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF).
Full qualifications that are offered for student in Year 11 (continuing into Year 12) at Kelmscott Senior High School are:
- Certificate III Business Services (BSB30115) – auspiced with Skills Strategies International (RTO Code 2401)
- Certificate II Workplace Skills (BSB20120) – auspiced with Skills Strategies International (RTO Code 2401)
- Certificate II Hospitality (SIT20316) – auspiced with Hospitality Group Training (RTO Code 0386)
- Certificate II Rural Operations (AHC21216) – auspiced with South Regional TAFE (RTO Code 52790)
- Certificate II Sport & Recreation (SIS20115) – auspiced with iVET (RTO 40548)
- Certificate II Visual Arts – Art Focus (CUA20715) – auspiced with Skills Strategies International (RTO Code 2401)
For more information regarding Vocational Education and Training at the school please contact the VET Manager, James Rogan via email James.Rogan@education.wa.edu.au